Bidding Announcement for Business Intelligent System Development Consultant/Specialist
Cambodia has set the country’s visions to become an upper-middle-income country by 2030 and a high-income country by 2050, and these visions can only be achieved if new technology is leveraged to increase industrial value-added, diversify exports, and strengthen small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), especially those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Technology has become one of the most important tools that are used to support the competitiveness of SMEs. Different from large scale businesses, SMEs have insufficient funds which restrict them from investing in technology. Although many SMEs are involved in creative business, owners have not been able to understand the importance of the use of technology and how beneficial technology can be to increase productivity. Since technological tools and skills are the only elements that SMEs can use to thrive during the pandemic, SMEs cannot adapt themselves to and survive in the situation. Therefore, the overall objective of the project is to establish an effective system and platform as a foundation to support SMEs in the country for adopting technology to be more resilient and competitive. The project is made through the establishment of an analytical study, soft infrastructure development, as well as operational and management components. The main outputs of the project will be 1) technology platforms developed, 2) business intelligence system (BIS) developed for supporting SMEs, and 3) technology adoption piloted in selected SMEs.
The General Department of Science, Technology & Innovation of the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation is the implementing agency of the project with the financial support from the government of Japan under the ACMECS development fund. At the higher level, this project will contribute to the implementation of various national strategic policy frameworks, including the National Policy on Science, Technology & Innovation 2020-2030 and Cambodia’s Science, Technology & Innovation Roadmap 2030.
Business Agro-Tech Hub System Development
Category: IT System Development
Location: Phnom Penh
Project Title: SMEs Technology Adoption for Resiliency and Competitive Market
Supervisor and department: Project Director
Duration: 08 November, 2023 to 15 March, 2024
Reporting to: The individual/team/company will be working under the overall supervision of the Project Director and under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinators.
Assignment type: Individual, Team or Registered Company
- Objectives and Scope of Work
The main objectives of the consultancy are to:
1. To develop Agro-Tech Hub platform according to the features and functionalities which was defined by the system consultant
2. To deploy the developed project and training to end-user
3. To maintenance the system and support
4. To produce detail documentation of the system development, deployment and user manual
(Please find the attached file for more details)
1. At least Master’s Degree in computer science, ICT, or any related fields from known higher institutions
2. A minimum of one year of consultation work experience with organizations and government agencies
3. At least three years of relevant work experience with software development (experiences with Node.js, MySQL, Vue.js & Nuxt.js will be put priority), advanced database architectural designs, rest API designs, system security designs, distributed system designs, docker containers and private cloud servers
4. Expertise with software project management, code versioning technologies, DevOps automation tools, software unit testing and monitoring mechanism
5. Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable and reusable code using best practices and standards
6. Experience in integrating with OAuth2 authentication mechanism, online payment gateway, CamDX Security Server & CamDigiKey
7. Fluency in English and Khmer
8. Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and a current resume to email given in the contact details no later than the deadline.
Digital platforms: are the systems and interfaces that form a commercial network or market, facilitating business-to-business (B2B), business-to-customer (B2C), or even customer-to-customer (C2C) transactions.
Technology platforms: refer to the online website/system in which government, academia and private sector engage to explore, discuss and adopt any kinds of skills, resources, and equipment with regard to any kinds of technologies.
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.
Mrs. Pak Polina
069 922 132